Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bigfoot

I am flying out to Tucson tomorrow morning for training for my new job. I am elated to have been able to find a job in El Paso so quickly. However, I have been working in a more casual environment for the last few years and don't exactly have the most professional wardrobe. I was forced to cross the border to buy business attire because A, they don't seem to have many plus sized clothes here in Juarez unless I want to where an Aztecan-ish mu-mu and B, the clothes here are pieces of crap anyway.

Now here I was, 4 o'clock today, packing, when I realized I only had one decent pair of dress shoes. With no time to cross, I headed over to the ever-trusted 3Hermanos. Apparently it's a staple here in Mexico?



It was here I found out that in Mexico I wear a size 26. The biggest size they sell. Holy bigfoot. I never thought I would experience that feeling unless I visited Asia. Oh yeah, by the way, I'm a US size 9. What the hell?

I couldn't hold my grudge for long because I made out like a bandit. $386 pesos for two pairs of comfortable dress shoes. Let's see how long it takes for them to fall apart. Any guesses?

6 comments:

  1. LOL i love it, i would be screwed because i wear a 9 or 9.5 but i need a wide too!!! i'm glad you were able to find something, how much is 386 pesos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 386 pesos is about $30 with today's peso conversion rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, that's my problem too, I wear a 9-9.5 so I don't even bother shopping for shoes down there. I'll be hauling down my stash soon :) Good luck on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Mexico! You ought to try finding men's shoes, size 12 wide width! Pretty much next to impossible. I found some decent goat skin dress shoes at Liverpool, but that's been about it! Best of luck! I need to get you on my show to talk about your move!

    ReplyDelete