Friday, November 30, 2012

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving

November 1st  Today I am thankful for my caring and hilarious and hard-working husband. I don't just love the guy, I like him.

November 2nd  Today I am thankful for brandy.

November 3rd  Today I am thankful for asprin, my amazing friends, and the hair of the dog.

November 4th  Today I am thankful for Old Navy pajama pants, Sunday movie marathons in my beautiful home, and garlic cheddar biscuits!

November 5th  Today I am thankful for my job and thankful that my parents taught me that things don't just get handed to you in life, you have to WORK for them!

November 6th  Today I am thankful to be the citizen of a country where I have freedom of speech and the power to vote. These may be rights for Americans but they are a mere fantasy for so many! Please do not take these privileges for granted. VOTE.

November 7th  Today I'm thankful for Sonoron hot dogs and wine.

November 8th  Today I am thankful for people who believe in me. Whether it be my mom, or a co-worker, or a blog reader, or my husband, or a journalist. I appreciate it. It makes me believe in myself.

November 9th  Today I am thankful for technology. It allows me to have meaningful relationships with sooooo many people, keep up with my blog, talk to my Dad, see current pictures of family members, and so much more. I don't know what I would do without the internet!

November 10th  (Posted on 11/11/2012) Today I am thankful that I had so much fun yesterday that I forgot to post day 10 of Thirty Days of Thanksgiving.

November 11th  Today I'm also thankful for my three favorite B's. Beer, burritos and B-12 drops.

November 12th  Today I am thankful that the heater in my car is working!

November 13th  Today I am thankful that Casa Collision came out to my office today and finally finished the last of the repairs from my accident. It only took them 2 months... Now I'm just praying that the engine troubles that started last night will be a cheap and quick fix!

November 14th  Today I am thankful for my disgustingly AMAZING husband, who should quit his day job at the maquila and become a radio journalist. I love you. I adore you. You hasta intimidate me. Mwah, mwah, mwahhhh!

November 15th  Today I am thankful for my sweet little doggies. They love me unconditionally and truly are man's best friend. A good friend's Doberman passed away yesterday and my heart goes out to his whole family. I cannot even begin to imagine how hard that is and it definitely made me realize how much I love my four-legged nuggets.

November 16th  Today I am thankful for good friends, who are still there for me even when we are worlds apart. Even when I haven't spoken to them in ages, it's like we just chatted the day before. Love you ladies.

November 17th  Today I'm thankful for an email I got from my little man. It lit up my life in ways I cannot even begin to explain.

November 18th  Today I am thankful for laughter and all of the fabulous people in my life who make me laugh each and every day! It is medicine for the soul!

November 19th  Today I am thankful for electricity and running water.

November 20th  Today I'm thankful for my health and dental insurance. It's not cheap and may not be the best coverage, but it's there. Now to decide if I should fix a "possibly salvageable" cracked molar for $300 or get it extracted for $40.

November 21st  Today I am thankful, not just for having a job, but for having a job that I love. And of course my fantastical coworkers are an added bonus.

November 22nd  Today I am thankful that God forgives me, each and every day. I am extremely blessed in every facet of my life, even when I am beyond undeserving. I am thankful that my God doesn't care if I swear or make mistakes or drink too much or have bitchy moments; at the end of the day, He knows my intentions and is always there for me!

November 23rd  Today I am thankful that the line was merciful and I was able to get to work, and home, in record time.

November 24th  Today I am thankful for... drumroll mothafuckas... YOUTUBE!

November 25th  Today I'm thankful for country music and American cable. I've been thoroughly enjoying Bravo for several hours!

November 26th  Today I am thankful that my CEUs are finished!

November 27th  Today I am thankful for the head mouse. This status brings tears to my eyes for so many reasons. We lost a co-worker in Utah last week in a boating accident. He was in his mid-twenties and leaves behind his wife and two children. He was a newer employee and only 7 days away from qualifying from our company's life insurance policy. What did the main man do? Cut his family a personal check for $10,000. I work for the best!!

November 28th  Today I am thankful for Christina Orta-Moncada. I can tell her anything and she never judges or thinks less of me. She has been there for me in the good times and bad and is the best listener I've ever known. She can out-eat me at Peter Piper and taught me all about wine but still tries to motivate me to work out. She isn't afraid to disagree with me and always makes me laugh.

November 29th  Today I am thankful for my sight and hearing, my arms and legs and my fingers and toes.

November 30th  Today I am thankful that my husband and I have been able to find a place, outside of the US, that we are both happy and proud to call our home. Sometimes I wonder what we would have done if he were from El Salvador or Ghana or Haiti or another 3rd world nation where I wouldn't be able to work earning US dollars and I realize how blessed we are that border living is even an option. I am eternally grateful that this crazy decision has worked out so well for us. Now I'll drink to that! It's Friday motherfuckers!

2 comments: