Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lady Balls and First World Problems

I could never live out in the country in Mexico. To all the expats that once lived in the comfort of America, and then moved to El Rancho de Whatever: I applaud you.

Let's be honest; I just don’t have what it takes to hand wash, go to the bathroom outside, kill my own dinner or go without water certain days of the week. I wish I was that kind of woman because those skills would be damn handy in an apocalypse.

Unfortunately, I can barely handle this:

 

I'm really not looking forward to taking a bucket bath later on...

4 comments:

  1. Ditto. I have to agree - I'm definitely not that kind of country woman.

    ~*~

    Ceri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get that it's frustrating to not have water. When we first got to Mexico we did bucket baths for about 2 years. And of course there were many times when all of a sudden the water got shut off, sometimes for 2 weeks at a time. It was kinda fun though, at least for me, it made me feel like a pioneer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - I go ballistic when we lose our cable in a rain storm (frequently!!!). I definitely couldn't make it en el rancho de nada!!!

    ReplyDelete